Folks, We all know laptop is a personal computer for mobile use.It integrates most of the parts or components of desktop computer like mouse, keyboard,CPU,and other devices.It is also called as a notebook. This little device works very usefully to everyone. Now the problem is that some of us are new users of laptop. So we have not much knowledge of it. We are in critical situation when we need to reformat our laptop because of some problem. We don't know how to format it. For that i mention steps to format laptop. please read it and learn hoe to format laptop.
Steps to format Laptop
1. Back up all files in hard drive to any fit media device like blank CDs or DVDs.
2.Please make sure that you have all needed device drivers especially the Operating System installation CD at hand. Most laptops today use CDs while there are some laptops that still use floppy disks.
3. Insert the installation CD or floppy disk in the application drive and boot the laptop.
4. Set up the Operating System.
5. Read the license agreement and press f8 to accept it.
6. In the next screen shows " previous XP detection", press ' ESC '. This will lead you to reformat the laptop.
7. Create or delete a partition. To partition a hard disk,you should select a not yet partitioned space first then press C. Enter your desired size for that certain partition in megabytes. Just repeat this process if you want to create more partition . Press enter when you are done.
8. Please determine the file system you will use for the laptop. Check your OS also because it might limit your choices. If you are using Microsoft windows XP,you can either choose NTFS file system or VFAT file system. Most people today use NTFS file system
9. Format the partition you want to format. This will delete all the information in that partition.
10. Press F to verify that you have selected correct partition. You can go back to change your option by pressing ' ESC '.
11. The disk will start to format laptop. Wait until it is finished. This process take lot of time.
12. The XP setup window will appear. You will face various questions which you are obliged to answer. These includes regional and language options, names, CD key, computer name, admin password, date and settings, network setup. After filling all these, press ' Enter '.
13. The setup process will begin. This will take about 30 minutes,the standard for Microsoft windows XP.
14. The laptop will reboot. The screen showing ' welcome XP ' will appear. It will ask you if you would like to register your Operating System or if you want to create added screen names.
So just follow above steps and you can easily format your laptop at home.