The Whole of the internet is an open-source. You do not pay for getting information from Google or other websites. All you pay is to your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
It is great to see Google coming up with so many great contests from time to time. These are not only attractive for contest participants, but also brings about a positive change in society one way or other. In last few days we have witnessed about 4 different such contests – The Children’s Day Doodle Contest, Google Photography Prize Contest, A science experiment contest for NASA and now the Google Code-in contest!
What is Google Code-IN Contest?
Google like last year, this time is also conducting the Code-in contest for the teenagers with age group of 13-17 years. The Google Code in Starts Monday, 21st November 2011.
And If you’re a pre-university student between 13 and 17 years old, you can win loads of prizes. Start Now and Act NOW. This contest will last 57 days and open to all pre-university students between age 13-17. You have to code in for open-source development. This Contest is open to everyone from any country.
What to do in Google Code-IN Contest?
All you have to do is to complete a tasks from 18 different tasks with all different Categories. These Categories are
- Code: Tasks related to writing or refactoring code
- Documentation: Tasks related to creating/editing documents
- Outreach: Tasks related to community management and outreach/marketing
- Quality Assurance: Tasks related to testing and ensuring code is of high quality
- Research: Tasks related to studying a problem and recommending solutions
- Training: Tasks related to helping others learn more
- Translation: Tasks related to localization
- User Interface: Tasks related to user experience research or user interface design and interaction
You have to pick up a task from any of the Given task and complete that task in time and you will be given points based on your task and different parameters.
How to Participate in Google Code-IN Contest?
All you have to do is to make yourself register in their official website. We have provided the links below.
Code-IN Official Website:- http://www.google-melange.com/gci/homepage/google/gci2011
Code-IN Blogs Page:- http://code.google.com/opensource/gci/2011-12/index.html
Official Contest Rules:- http://www.google-melange.com/gci/document/show/gci_program/google/gci2011/rules
Please read the rules carefully before participating into Contest. You have to code for an open-source development. You have the opportunity to show the world your potentials and help the internet in developing more and more open-source codes.